Wednesday, March 17

nerves

On Monday I woke up thinking...there is a possibility that Evan and I would not be approved to adopt!!  Yikes!  I have to be honest it was an awful feeling.  My stomach was tight and I felt so heavy.  I was so distracted driving into work I almost drove through a red light.  Thank goodness the other cars started going through the intersection!!  I realized then I was way to consumed and needed others' prayer.  I wasn't able to send out and e.mail until the end of the day, but it was amazing how I began to settle down through the evening.  (However I did buy a DECAF white mocha before class because I felt so wired, that was a first)  I was grateful for the encouraging responses from friends and family. 
I also stopped thinking about our situation and started praying for friends... I think I will be a more faithful prayer partner now!

Yesterday was a much better day.  Our desire to adopt is evident and we have brought it before the Lord.  I am learning to know and love the One who is leading... I already know that I don't want anything that is not in His will.  So I guess the question is:  Will I be ok with His will if it is different from my desires?  I think I am still learning...

No comments:

Post a Comment