Sunday, May 16

graduation weekend...

On Wednesday I turned in my last paper and went to my last class!  I had THE biggest grin on my face as I walked to my car.  
It feels wonderful to be finished, although I loved the opportunity to continue learning and hopefully become a better teacher for my students.  I also think this program opened my eyes to the uniqueness of different cultures and the importance of celebrating those differences.  I am excited to learn about the Ethiopian culture and make that culture part of our family.  Although I have a lot of fears and insecurities at the same time.  One day at a time.... right?

The weekend was filled with fun times with family and friends.  Friday night we spent some time with Evan's extended family to celebrate another graduation from Mason.  It was great to catch up with family we don't see very often and also share about our adoption.  I also left feeling a sense of conviction to do a better job staying of staying in touch with these family members that are soo close.

Saturday I actually woke up feeling excited about graduating... not expected.  It was such a wonderful day!  I mean who wouldn't have a great day when you get to wear garb like this!
After the ceremony we had a few people back over to my folks house.  For some reason I felt overwhelming blessed by friends and family.... by their generosity, thoughtfulness, and love.  I tried to explain to Evan how I felt, but the only way I could describe it was... blessed, so blessed.  Of course my thoughts turned to our little boy and I began to pray that he will feel just as loved and blessed (always :) ) like I did that day.  Then I thought of the baby toy, adoption picture book, and generous donation we recieved... and smiled because he already is sooo loved!
 This was a gift from Evan's grandmother.  I'm not the biggest fan of trinkets, but for some 
reason I think these are so special.














I think this officially our first baby gift... besides the bassinet my mom already bought. :) It is so soft!  I don't know if I have wrapped my head around the idea that it is for our little boy and not a shower gift.  How cute is he!!

A couple weeks ago Grace told me she had found some really sweet picture books on adoption.  She was so sweet to give us one!  I love it already!!


Thank you all for making my graduation so special!  In so many ways I felt the tangible love of God!

a little bit later...
I got this from a little Cassada friend...  It sits on my bedside table and I smile every time I see it because I can tangibly see God's answer to his Word...
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us... Eph. 3:20

No comments:

Post a Comment