Sunday, August 1

a full week and weekend

My husband is quite the social butterfly.  So, it struck me very funny when he told me that I had really "booked" our week.

Our week started with dealing with the car my parents are letting us borrow.  Our friends have kindly nicknamed the car "the shark" Ha!  Evan and I have had more car problems since we have been married than I feel like people should have in their entire life.  It has started to become a little humorous... but only a little. :)  
This week I went to a belated one year old birthday party, a three year old birthday party, and hosted a baby shower for a special friend.  
Because I have a lot of free time I had time to be especially creative for the shower... creative at least for me.  It was a lot of fun!





I have know Lauren's husband, Russ, since at least high school.  When Evan moved to Northern VA after college Russell was one of the first people he met. Russell introduced us at a soccer game.  But Evan and I didn't become "us" for a long time.  
Russ was one of Evan's best man/men (?). We laughed a ton during his speech! When Russ came up for our wedding he also brought Lauren, who we met for the first time!  We were super excited to meet her.  Russ was great so we knew she had to be even more wonderful.  :D
We were able spend time with Russ and Lauren over several meals.  They are a great couple and we wish the lived closer!!  We can't wait for our kids to be able to play together!














On our way home last night from catching up with the Adams, I started catching up on a little blog reading.  I started to read the Cassadas blog and saw this this...one heart at a time 
I had tears streaming down my face and Evan's eyes were definitely wet.  Anyone who goes through an adoption knows there are lots of up and down moments.  There were definitely some of those for me this weekend and then I read about the sweet Cassada kids and the most precious $10.68.  
The financial piece of adoption is HUGE, but the support, encouragement, and prayers mean just as much and possibly even more than money... if that makes sense.  We have been blessed so much, I really have very few words to express how I feel.  And I have said before, those few words don't seem like enough either.  
For all of our family, friends, and people we probably haven't meet... again... thank you, thank you, thank you!



2 comments:

  1. i saw that post on courtney's sight and was definitely in tears, too! so great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. encouragement always seems to come at just the right time, doesn't it?? :-) love you!

    ReplyDelete