Sunday, August 22

THE YARD SALE!!

For the last month and a half we have been collecting generous donations, aka "treasures" for our yard sale.  Our house was FULL of stuff.... and we were so grateful!  In my last post I showed pictures of our basement and garage.  It only got "better" (full of more stuff) as the week went on.


Then stuff grew upstairs...


and outside...

The night before we had to keep most of this outside because it would not fit in our house!


We were sooooo tired, but still smiling... there was an end in sight!!  :D


Another HUGE reason we were still smiling and not pulling our hair out was because we were overwhelmingly (if that's a word), in a good way, blessed with SOOO MUCH HELP!!  I would definitely leave people out if I tried to name everyone, so I won't.  We had people donate "treasures" and baked goods.  People let us borrow tables and TONS of hangers.  People volunteered, almost every day the week before, to come over and organize, price, make signs, hang clothes, and even brough us food!  AND we had lots of people praying for us, and God provided more than we imagined!!  

The day before my mother-in-law and I went around and put up little signs around the area to promote the yard sale.  The next morning, just before six, Evan and I put this sign at the end of our street.

This is what we saw as we were putting the sign up.  

Great picture huh?  This sight made me cry because these were our friends showing up at 6:00 AM to help us set up... amazing!

And the day began!


my rough drawing of the "departments" for the yard sale



This was NOT everything.  This is stuff just from the garage and the clothes.  We still had to empty the basement!!









AND we had the BAKE SALE!!


my brother stood in line at Georgetown Cupcakes to bring these special cupcakes for the bake sale








and then the shoppers began to come... 





  ALL DAY LONG we had people who weathered the heat, crowds, and craziness to help our forever family!





























So I refused to count the money until the final dollar was in for the day!  The total amount at the end of the day was 5,312There were ups and downs.  We were soo tired, but soo blessed!  God provided in a huge way.  It was more than we asked or imagined...

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us...
Eph. 3:20






8 comments:

  1. amazed. just amazed!
    we love you guys!!! so glad to have been a small part of this -- wish we could have done more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie Snyder8/23/2010 4:24 PM

    HE IS SOOOOOO GOOD! Gosh! What a blessed day - this just makes me cry I'm so happy! What a sweet way to see His divine provision! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting this. It looks wonderful and so cool to see a community come together like that!! :~)

    ReplyDelete
  4. totally crying...like, UGLY crying. wow. there really aren't words. it's just amazing to see God provide for His children..every single one. LOVED all the pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stace - that is AMAZING!!! I only wish we could have been there to help! Can't wait to meet Zek. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stacey!! I am crying..not because I'm pregnant lol but because God is sooooo stinking good!! What stones of remembrance these are sweet sister!! We are praising God with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! I am a brand-new reader, but I am just floored at the generosity and your final amount! How exciting & wonderful--praise Jesus! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing! I cannot believe how much stuff you had!

    I just got your thank you today (the girl who stopped by). I would love to chat if you ever have time!

    rachel32004@msn.com

    ReplyDelete