Wednesday, June 30

dossier completed and hand delivered to awaa!!!

This morning I headed down to D.C. again to meet up with Evan to have our Dossier and P of A authenticated.  I was nervous,like it was the first day of the school, the ENTIRE day!  It was the strangest thing.
On the metro I spent time reading more of The Hole in our Gospel.  I have earmarked LOTS of pages, but this quote seemed to be the one that stuck out the most during the ride to Federal Triangle.

Growth demands a temporary surrender of security -- Gail Sheehy

There is little that feels completely secure during this process.  But I can honestly say by stepping out in faith I have grown in soo many ways.  What would it look like if continually surrendered by security?  What would my life look like then?

Evan and I were so excited to be at the Secretary of D.C.'s office.  I was all prepared to ask them to take a picture of us as this officially would complete our paper chasing!!  I'll just say the lady who helped was the opposite of kind and friendly.  Our cheesy smiles quickly turned into puffed cheeks as we held our breath while she looked through our Dossier.  After a few comments, that didn't make a lot of sense to us, she handed our Dossier over to be authenticated!  I'm not sure Evan and I even smiled then... probably just in our eyes!  
Once they returned our Dossier and P of A authenticated we went outside the office and took pictures!  


Once we were outside I asked someone to take a picture of both of us! 

Before we left we prayed and thanked God for his faithfulness in our process and his continued faithfulness!

Evan and I headed back to his office and grabbed lunch.  Then I was on my way to hand deliver our Dossier and final documents to Ameria World!!

Before I went into the office I prayed over our documents one more time.  I prayed for our little hun-nee and for his birth family.  I prayed for Evan and I and our families.  I prayed for wisdom and for our family (Evan, little e, and me).  I also thanked God for his faithfulness and his constant encouragement, affirmation, and faithfulness in this process!  Then of course I prayed for the safe and speedy delivery of our documents there and back and for all the eyes that would look at our paperwork!



















Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us... eph. 3:20


 

5 comments:

  1. Thank you guys so much for sharing your story. It's been so exciting watching God deliver you from each and every challenge you've faced. Your faith and trust in Him is inspiring. Erin and I will continue praying for the rest of your journey. We can't wait to meet your little miracle and continue to see how God blesses your family. God is so _unbelievably_ good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Saw your post on the AWAA YG and wanted to welcome you to the group. I came over to congratulate you on being DTE!! So very exciting! You'll love the YG as a resource and for suppport while you wait for referral.

    We're leaving in a week or so to go get our son Abrham. This is our second time adopting from Ethiopia, using AWAA as our agency. You can follow along at www.beBOLDjen.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for being DTE!! So happy for you guys. I also just wanted to say welcome to the AWAA YG. It's amazing all the things you can learn from all the other family experiences. We are the Murray's and we're DTE 4/23 for an infant of either gender.
    God bless you!
    miniandbrother.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay Ev & Stace!!! I've loved reading all about your adoption journey and am so excited for you guys. So close!!! Love you and miss you tons! xoxo Leila

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATS ON BEING DTE!!

    I am a fellow AWAA YG member. My husband and I are in CO for vacation but are excited to see all the movement in our group! We are hoping to join you in the status of DTE in another couple of weeks! Enjoy that feeling of having the paperchase BEHIND you! Now, every day waiting, is another day of progress toward your hun-nee! :)

    C'mon over and join us for our journey to our son as well, if you like @ http://www.marquezfamilyjourney.blogspot.com

    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete