Tuesday, June 29

final steps...


This morning I went through our dossier documents over and over and over to make sure I had everything I needed before I headed to DC to meet Evan.  I don't think I have guarded anything so closely in my life.
Our goal was to get everything notarized, copied, and to the office of the Secretary of DC in one afternoon.
We had to get about 8 documents notarized:  my medical insurance, Evan's life insurance, my life insurance, financial statement, USCIS approval, application letter, power of attorney, and the dossier cover sheet.  Thankfully it was a slow time when we went into Wachovia and the lady who greeted us had already notarized some documents for us before.  She was super sweet and even took a picture of us once we were all finished!!

Then we began our wild goose chase trying to find a FedEx store to make the 3 copies of the dossier.... so we walked several blocks one direction only find that it was right next to the Wachovia...in the bottom of a hotel...
About 30 minutes later we had a large stack of copies of our precious documents 
Sooo close to being finished!  We took our documents to Anna to have her look through everything one last time.  Tomorrow we will go and have our dossier and power of attorney authenticated and it will be ready to go to Ethiopia!!

Evan and I have been truly blessed through this process.  We have seen God in so many tangible ways.  There has been very little that has gone wrong.  Today when we were walking all over D.C. trying to find FedEx, wanting so badly to get everything finished today, I couldn't help but think that satan was trying to put a kink in our plans.  I started thinking back about everything God had done and let go of my expectations to be finished today.  He has provided everything for us already.  He knows who are little hun-nee is and we will bring him home in His perfect timing.  
I have been reading Richard Stearns' Hole in our GospelRichard Stearns was a two time CEO who accepted the job of President of World Vision but not as excitedly as you might think.  Many times while reading this book my eyes are filled with tears.  If you haven't read this book, you should!

"Why did God make me? The answer? To love, serve, and obey Him... No matter where I was or what my circumstances were, I was made to love, serve, and obey God.  I could do all three whether unemployed or as a CEO - my situation didn't matter." -Richard Stearns

3 comments:

  1. hooray! this is huge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome to the fun fellow AWAA mom! We are currently just waiting on that blasted i171h to be DTE for an infant daughter. Unfortunately though, she will be #4 so we have been so bad about taking pictures of the 'pregnancy' milestones. I KNOW I'll do better once she gets her though! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And just saw your "hole in the gospel" comment. UNbelievable book I think every Christian should read. Life-changing.

    And you lucky girl!! 3 month paperchase!!! Wow! We unfortunately have had Satan tripping us on EVERY step and are clawing our way to the top with bloodied noses. God must know I had many lessons to learn in this.

    ReplyDelete