Monday, July 12

oh lala pari

Dossier Snyder made it to Paris today!  It also departed and is in transit to... somewhere!  :D 


Although I have never been to Paris.  Paris made me think of Europe, which made me think of England, which made me think of our the mission trip Evan and I went on right after we were engaged, May 2006.  We look sooo young!!





This was right before we left to come back home.  Keith was the  youth pastor we worked with in England.  He left a lasting impression on both Evan and me!


I finished reading my book today.  I decided it is a book I am going to need to read over and over again to constantly remind myself of "the things that break God's heart".  I don't think I have ever read a book and wanted to (and potentially did) earmark almost every page I read.  While reading this book I learned more about the overwhelming need in the world, but how do I keep that in forefront of my mind comfortable and abundantly blessed in Northern VA and again how do I start to make a difference?

final aha moments...(although this will probably not be the last time I reference this wonderful book!)

If you think you are too small to make a difference, try spending the night in a closed room with a mosquito." - African Proverb

"One of the most common mistakes we can make is to believe that we have nothing of significance to offer - that we're not rich enough, smart enough, skilled enough, or spiritual enough to make much difference at all, especially in the face of huge global problems." R.S.

"God does indeed use ordinary people to accomplish extraordinary things. David, a mere boy, killed a giant and became king of Israel.  Mary, a teenage girl, gave birth to the Messiah.  Peter, a fisherman, established the early church and changed the world.   If the gospel is to be proclaimed, poverty defeated, racism overcome, the tide of AIDS turned back, or injustice challenged, it will be done by such people - ordinary people like you and me." R.S.

 



2 comments:

  1. Just took a moment to read through a few of your posts. So excited to see you are DTE. We are adopting through AWAA as well, but we are still paper chasing. Your blog is really great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops I was signed in under the wrong account! {wink}

    ReplyDelete