Sunday, July 18

"Zekl" aka Ezekiel

Tonight Jacob showed us a new book he had gotten.  It was about baby expressions.  When he opened to this page his mom asked, "Who is that?" 


"Zekl!"  We laughed and were on the brink of tears, at least I was!


So our little Ethiopian hun-nee does have a name, Ezekiel!  Ezekiel means "Strength of God".
Since we got married we wanted our first boy to carry on the initials EGS.  These initials have been used for many generations on Evan's dad's side of the family.  We have always gone back and forth on what the E name would be, Glenn is always the middle name.  Every night when Jacob says his prayers with his parents they pray for our sweet little boy in Ethiopia.  God only knows who he is and if he is even born.  He is ours.  He is loved, prayed for, and though of often.  


I Samuel 1:27 For this child I prayed, and the LORD has granted me my petition that I made to him.

We are so blessed by the many people who also love, care, and pray for Ezekiel... Thank you!!

 P.S.  Evan said I should tell this story...  So I've known Evan has liked the name Ezekiel since High School.  When we were talking about children and told me he would like to use the initials EGS for our first son, Ezekiel was obviously his first choice in a name.  
As a teacher I have had experience with LOTS of names.  So when Evan would talk about using the name Ezekiel I pictured our son, that I would birth, white, with the name Ezekiel.  It didn't seem to fit.  Then I would try to picture him as a grown man going in for and interview, with the name Ezekiel, again it just didn't seem to fit.  Last summer I was at Home Goods and I heard..."Ezekiel, sit down!"  I turned and saw a little African American boy and thought, that fits.  Little did I know a year later we would be anxiously waiting to meet our son from Ethiopia!

Evan bought me this necklace for graduation...
The phrase "I choose you" is written over and over again


And here is our little hun-nee's name!


3 comments:

  1. so cute! aww, i want to hang out with that jacob again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes. Love knowing what your little ones name will be so when I pray for him I can use his name. Also love the story about my little love Jacob pointing to the picture in his book and saying
    Zekl!!! They are going to be good buddies.... Jacob, Noah and Zekl!!! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that story and the necklace. both precious and priceless. can't wait to love that little boy.

    ReplyDelete